Venus vs. Vogue - Vogue's Best Spring Collections

          First of all I wanna 'shout out ' my BFF, Timeless Pieces Vintage for sending me the link  to Vogue's Best Collections today in class. She bore witness to my suffering while trying to rank my favorite shows of all of the respective fashion weeks. I am excited to report that seven (7) of the shows on my Top 15, were included in the fashion authority's twenty (20) 'best' collections. The magazine's line up is based on wearability, which is also the one of the main criteria for my list. (awesome). I have to admit that I agree with the editors at Vogue regarding the beauty of the collections that I did not mention, but some of my personal feelings regarding a particular house may or may not effect their placement. For example, Dior was beautiful and Raf produced a beautiful collection, but I miss John. I did not say I agreed with or condoned his actions. The reality is... I miss him.  So Dior is probably not going to be on my 'best' list because I expect something more or different. Or, in the case of Celine, lovely show, but I could not get past the shoes. Or should I say, the stylist failed to make me love them? Either way, that kinda killed it for me. But....... On a more positive  note, here are the shows that the Vogue editors and I equally ranked in the top.

Marc Jacobs
Alexander Wang
Burberry Prorsum
Bottega Venetta
Balenciaga
Rochas
Louis Vuitton



Vogue also lists the Top 9 shows for graphic content. There are five (5) shows on the list that are also on my Top 15, and for that very reason..graphic.  Once again, awesome.

Louis Vuitton
Dolce & Gabbana
Marc Jacobs
Michael Kors
Chanel


Comments

Popular Posts