Spring/Summer 2013- My Top Fifteen Shows

Okay so I meant to post this Top 15 list last week right after the shows were over. But can I tell you how difficult it was to do so. First of all I initially intended to do a Top Ten list but had to increase the number to fifteen because it was so hard to choose. Fashion is very important to me so every collection has something I appreciate, it's seems wrong to try and rank them. But I pulled it together based on what I want in my closet. How wearable is this collection for me? Check my Pinterest boards for My 2013 Spring Shopping List for my favorite looks of all of the collections.
 Well here goes, and please send me your feedback, I would love to hear your thoughts!

15  ROCHAS    by Marco Zanini


The styling in this show is fabulous! I am so going to put a crisp white polo under my sequined form fitted evening gown!!!! Preppy fifties chic.

14 ALEXANDER WANG    by Alexander Wang

Thank you for the cool 'boot sandal', yes, everyone is doing it but these are graphic and minimal. Plus the floating 'cut outs' are genius!

13 DOLCE & GABBANA        by Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana

Mediterranean Summer anyone? Bold prints and feminine silhouettes that are classic Dolce&  Gabbana, conjure thoughts of a sun drenched day on the Rivera.

12 KENZO by Humberto Leon and Carol Lim

Sexy, tribal beauty! The prints in this collection are bananas. Definitely the go- to brand for my safari gear.





11 BOTTEGA VENETTA  by Justin Tomas Maier
Beautiful florals inspired by the twenties....what more do I need to say?




10 GIAMBATTISTA VALI     by Giambattista Vali

Such beautiful clothes... I feel as if ten is too low for this show. But like I mentioned before, this is difficult.  Beautiful, chic ,classic clothes with a 'feminine athletic look'.  The pants with the athletic closure are darling while the crystal encrusted suit is gorgeous.

9 BALMAIN by Olivier Rousteing


Truly one of my favorite houses, Balmain delivers again this season with an eighties inspired collection fit for Dynasty. The bright colors,  exaggerated shoulders and slouchy pants take me back beautifully. I would be remiss if I did not mention the excellent craftsmanship that went into these beautiful pieces.  Woven gems of beauty paired with an impeccable tailored fit...The details at Balmain are never skimped upon!

8 FENDI    by Karl Lagerfeld and Silvia Venturini


Karl gave us a collection of wistful watercolors juxtaposed with graphic prints.

7 ELIE SAAB    by Elie Saab

This collection is a stylist's dream! From the day dresses and suits to the fabulous cocktail dresses and gowns, every piece is client worthy. Outfitting for lunches, press tours and red carpets; I am sure he got tons of calls from hungry stylists waiting to secure looks for their celeb clients. I love the monochromatic looks!

6 (tie) MICHAEL KORS        by Michael Kors


Kors is one of my favorite designers, I am an American sportswear girl. The Michael Kors shows are always a total lifestyle event, giving you the feeling that you wanna know these people.  This collection is positioned here in this countdown strictly because its totally wearable.  I would wear every single piece in this show.  Packed with blocks of color, the show featured rugby stripes and cloud prints in a mod package. Gorgeous.
p.s. His one liners on Project Runway are priceless.


             CHRISTIAN SIRIANO    by Christian Siriano


Cotton candy, baby doll chic. Project Runway alum Christian Siriano created a beautiful lady-like collection in delicious pastels. The softest colors formed classic silhouettes fit for a ballerina. Peplum waists, polka dots and watercolor prints were some of the highlights of this collection.

5 TOM FORD  by Tom Ford


You gotta love Tom Ford. Not  just because he brought Gucci back from the dead in the 90s. Not just because he is old school and appreciates the exclusivity in fashion. Not just because he left the fashion industry to shoot gorgeous films (see A Single Man if you haven't already). But only because the man knows how to make gorgeous clothes.  He knows how to dress a woman. Impeccable taste infused with an ultra level of sexiness is Ford's  M.O.  This video look book, shot by Ford himself, gives us a super cool view of his latest collection.

4 CHANEL      by Karl Lagerfeld



Its Chanel.

3 MARC JACOBS      by Marc Jacobs
Stripes, Checkerboard, Mod? Oh My
Stripes, Checkerboard, Mod? Oh My
Stripes, Checkerboard, Mod? Oh My
Stripes, Checkerboard, Mod? Oh My
Truly a beautiful show. I would wear every piece. The rugby t-shirts with the briefs, the trench coats, the dropped waisted skirts and pants....  The bold graphics and prints assisted Jacobs in  creating a very modern sixties inspired look.  This show was definitely one of his best collections in my opinion.

2  BURBERRY PRORSUM     by Christopher Bailey


Well if you know me well then you know that I am obsessed with Prorsum. I could literally wear this brand every day. That's saying alot because I love diversity in my closet, I just had to demonstrate the love I have for Christopher Bailey and his vision. I actually had this collection at number one until the last day of PFW.  Where do I begin with this show? First of all it was 17:45 and I was still waiting for more looks to come down. I was literally clutching my chest because my heart was beating so quickly. The bags, shoes, skirts, dresses, capes, corsets and of course the coats were absolutely gorgeous.I appreciate the classic chic paired with a little edge. Ladylike bad ass in a gorgeous coat.
Of course most if not all of this collection is on my Shopping List Board.


1 LOUIS VUITTON        by  Marc Jacobs


The Damier pattern like you've never seen it before. This show is so awesome that it actually left me speechless when I saw it. The escalators, the dresses, the bags, the double presentation......Marc Jacobs is a freaking genius! I mean come on, he appears twice in the top 3 spots.

Comments

Popular Posts