Venus Vintage Co presents.... Movie Mondays

...Okay so I really love old movies. I adore them! I enjoy the musicals, over the top dramas, comedies, etc.  But the most important aspects of the movies for me are the costumes and sets. The beautiful dresses, the chic sets, the makeup.....it's just all so exciting! My love for vintage of all eras is the reason for this classic movie obsession.
So............. every Monday I'll highlight a film and show you some of the great looks.

Today we go to Italy with Rock Hudson and Gina Lollabrigida in "Come September" 1961
Costume Designer: Morton Haack (gowns)

First of all, Gina is fabulous! She is a beautiful woman that makes the perfect companion for the uber handsome Rock Hudson.  The characters are styled with a 'luxurious elegance' that drips of  life in a lush Italian villa.

This is a clip of the club scene...they are gorgeous! ( Rock & Gina) For more images and and the counter notes.....counter numbers for different interesting looks go the Venus Vintage Co. facebook page.

Comments

Popular Posts