Sophia Loren is Fabulous!


One thing that everyone should know about me is that I love old movies. Not dusty old movies like westerns or war stories, no offense to those who do, but I like beautiful, over-the-top, glamorous movies. I especially love the movies that feature fabulous women with fabulous clothes. I recently watched the Millionairess(1960), starring Sophia Loren and Peter Sellers.   Well first of all the dresses were designed by Pierre Balmain. Note: great thing about old stylish movies, sometimes iconic designers ( before they were iconic and when they were alive) served as costume designer. Also, I really love what Balmain has been doing for the past couple of seasons.....but I digress.... Sophia was the perfect canvas to showcase his Mr. Balmain's work. In her first feature film, she was perfection!!  That face! That body! That accent! I understand why men in the sixties totally wanted to marry her. When it comes down to it, its really all about the clothes, one of the reasons that I watch these movies. The designers use the female stars as their muses and the the fabulous ones make it so much better. Sophia is also a very curvy woman with hips and breasts, not the norm of today's Hollywood starlets. From the beginning scene to the 'happy ever after' she was gorgeous at all times. The black sequin dress w/garter belt, the gray leather dress w/hat, the brown sheer night dress, even the gray outfit she wore when she worked undercover at a workshop was... Fabulous!!...Sophia Loren is Fabulous!

Comments

Popular Posts